This is a topic that I've thought a lot about lately. I think mostly because I never seem to have the time to contact my friends on a regular basis so it makes me feel like a bad friend. Does anyone else struggle with this? There are people that I still consider a friend even if I haven't spoken to them in years. Its just hard when you change jobs or move because you lose touch.

I'm a big "out of sight, out of mind" type person. That has become more noticible in the past 6 weeks that I've been home on maternity leave. It almost feels like I've lost myself in my family. I mean, I do email or call my friends but not on a regular basis like I normally would. This could have to do with the new baby but I'm not sure if I can say that is the entire reason.

So why am I talking about this? Well, I found out today that an old friend of mine died suddenly yesterday. I hadn't talked to him in years but that didn't make him any less my friend. He was a great funny guy and he will be missed by all that knew him. You just never expect that call telling you that a friend has passed away.

Maybe I'm thinking about this too much but its just weird how life is. I actually started this post several days ago but hadn't gotten around to finishing it until today. Then this happens with Steve and kinda relates to this. Hopefully it won't take another death or problem to make me think about this issue again. :'(


This entry was posted on 10:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Haley said...

    You ARE thinking too much into this. You are a Super Great friend and have been for 9 years! What defines a good friend is actually still being friends and staying close regardless of how often you email or write or even see each other. Friends are good at understanding the lives and jobs and families (4 kids) that keep people occupied most all of the time, but it doesn't take away from the quality of friend that they are! You have and always will be one of the best friends anyone could ask for (and because we are both equally slackers).

  1. ... on March 6, 2008 at 7:16 AM