Hmm... I'm not the best at updating this blog. Not that I don't have things going on with my life but I can't seem to keep up with it very well.

The reason why I'm writing today is that I got some shocking news last night and it's made me think of how short ones life can be. A couple of nights ago, a friend of mine from Jr High/High School died in a tragic hit and run accident back in Indy. She worked at a nursing home and was heading to the store to get something for a resident. She was my age (32) and was married with 2 children. It's hard to believe that Janie is gone. It seems just like yesterday when we were in the 7th grade and cracking jokes (she had a great sarcastic sense of humor) in class. She was a great girl and she'll be terribly missed. I'm sad that I won't be able to attend her memorial but I know a lot of people that are going so I'll be there in spirit. I'm praying for her family and friends.

I wonder what would happen if something like that happened to me. What what my family do? My kids are still small (10, 8, 5 and almost 2) and I don't know how much they would understand since they haven't dealt with death much. I'm not sure how my husband would handle it. He doesn't like to admit it, but I think he would be lost without me!

Well...let's see. I've switched positions at work since the last time I blogged. I'm now in our Service Center area which is basically our in-house agency dept. I've gotten my 2-20 General Lines agent license (I took a 5 week class with super long days!). I'm really proud of that because it's not the easiest test to pass the first time around. :) Eventually, I think I'll get my CIC designation (Certified Insurance Counselor) but I probably won't try to start that for another 6 months or a year. I really do like what I do and I want to learn as much as I can.

The kiddos are getting bigger. My "baby" Ethan will turn 2 on 1/25. It seems just like yesterday I was as big as a house waiting for him to make his grand debut! We are all done having babies so now I'm just watching them grow in their own unique way. I'll be 33 soon but not before my hubby turns 38!! I think that is starting to freak him out a bit. Plus, this year is his 20 year reunion. :)

I pray that things are better this year. There are lots of things that I struggle with because I tend to put the needs of others before my own. While that can be a good thing, it's not when it leaves me confused and unsettled. I'm not good at resolutions because I can never keep them so I haven't committed to any this year. I know what problems I need to work on. I just have to believe that this will be the year that I can be strong enough to resolve them once and for all.


This entry was posted on 11:36 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: