Lately I've been thinking that I should get a new job.  Not that I don't like the one I have or anything.  My job right now is pretty good actually.  I'm in "the zone" so to speak as far as my comfort level in what I do.  It's just getting to be to be a burden trying to balance my home life and work life.  I'll try to explain what I mean.

First off....I drive quite a bit to my job.  Its about 27 miles each way and driving on I-4 in Orlando pretty much blows.  It has gotten a little bit better now that some of the projects downtown are finishing up but there are still a ton of people on the road everyday.  I'm still nursing my youngest so I need to get up early enough to feed him, take a shower and get ready and then head out.  Oh....something I didn't mention.  I have to leave work by 3 each day to meet my hubby at his job since he starts at 4.  While its nice to be able to have a job where they can accommodate my hours it also means I need to wake up at 4:30 every morning to make sure I have enough time to do what I need to do before I leave at 6.  :(  We have been able to work from home on and off for the past 6 months or so but even that can have its downside.  My baby knows I'm home so he wants me to pay attention to him.  That can make it very hard to work and stay focused on what it is I'm doing. 

I need to find something that is closer to where I live.  This idea has been rolling around in my head for a long time so I think its time I brushed off and updated my resume and get myself out there.  I don't make bad money but I hope I could find something that pays more than what I make now.  But I also have to be realistic.  Time are rough and this economy isn't that hot, especially down here.  So even if I start looking soon, I might not be able to find something that would be a good fit for me until after the new year anyway.

I don't know....that's just kind of where I am right now.  I also need to find a way to get more time in with my family.  My girlfriend and I were talking about this subject the other day.  Does more money really matter if you are lacking quality time with your family?  I don't think it is.  There are plenty of things I need to work on and that should probably be a main focus for me and us as a family.  I don't want to tell my kids all the time that I can't do something because I'm working or I'm tired and grumpy because I haven't had enough sleep.

Hmm....I have a lot to think about over the weekend, that's for sure!  :)



This entry was posted on 8:51 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: