There have been a lot of layoffs at Disney (where I worked so long ago) this past month but they really stepped it up this week. It's such a shame to see good people be let go of a place they have worked for years, decades, basically their entire career! I've been praying a lot lately about it because I know how rough the job market is, especially here in Orlando. They aren't done yet (I heard that the culling should end next week) but I hope it's not as many as this week.

On top of that my father-in-law was admitted to the hospital with a blood infection and pneumonia last night. That's bad enough but he also has diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease that he deals with. Hopefully he will be released by the weekend so he can rest up at home. It's my mother-in-law's birthday today but she had to spend the day at the hospital. That's not my idea of birthday fun. :(

Next week can only be better, right? Crossing my fingers on that one!


This entry was posted on 8:44 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: