So I get a call tonight from my father in law to tell me that my nephew Steve has passed away apparently from an overdose. At this point he isn't really sure of too many details but that's the least of my concern. I just feel terrible for my sister in law Kim. Steve was such a bright guy and had a whole lot going for him. Yes, he had been struggling with some issues lately (relationship/job loss) but that is true for a lot of people. It makes my heart sad to think that whatever problem he had, he didn't think he could resolve it and he would have to take such drastic measures. I've lost a family member before to suicide and so many questions remain from that and now this.

Wow....my brain is still trying to wrap my head around it. My husband is really upset. They were only about 10 years apart in age so he didn't think of him as just a nephew. They were closer than that. All I can do at this point is pray for Kim and that she can be strong in the next couple of days. Her other two boys are going to need her to be there for them because this will be tough on them too.

I think I'll go to bed now....It has been a long day.


This entry was posted on 8:31 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: