This is always the best time for me (I hate hot weather & crowds!) to visit the park.  That's what most people that have ever worked at Disney call any of the theme parks.  The particular park I visited last evening/night was Epcot and it was fun because I got to see some friends from out of town and also do the Food & Wine festival.  I usually try to go a couple of times while its going on so I'll probably be back soon.

So it was kinda funny to see my friends Sean and Haley, who don't have kids of their own, try to entertain mine until James could come and get them.  My children are very hyper and it was all they could do to help me keep track of them.  It was really busy last night (but the weather was beautiful!) so I was glad they could help me out.  James had to work but wanted me to enjoy some time with Haley since I only get to see her a couple times a year so he came when he was finished with his shift.

There were some interesting moments before he got there though....I was explaining to Haley that normally James would take off the night she's in town but he couldn't because of his "procedure" that was done on Monday and he had already taken his days off.  Then there goes my 8 year old blasting out "Oh you mean dad's vasectomy?".  I think we all about died right there!  It's not a secret or anything and if anyone knows Lucas you know that he is forever asking questions so we told him the truth of what happened.  I just didn't expect him to yell it out at a busy theme park!  James got a kick out of that when I told him about it.  :)

The food was tasty and so were the drinks we had.  I honestly don't like mojitos very much but the one I had in Puerto Rico was so good!  When I go back there, I will need to remember to hit that booth again.  Yep....that is on my list.

For those of you who haven't been to F&W, it's an event they have for about 6 weeks (it may be more this year) where the different lands in the World Showcase show off their country's delicacies along with a wine or alcoholic drink that best represent that culture.  They also have booths for countries that aren't normally there during the rest of the year like Poland, Greece, Spain or Ireland.  They have also been showcasing different states more recently.  This year it's Louisiana and let me tell the you, the crawfish etouffee was awesome!  :)

So I think I will go back on Tuesday and this time share it with James.  He is a foodie like I am and we always have fun trying new things.  Mmm...I can't wait to get some more chocolate creme brulee.  It's so creamy and good and you can't beat the bad attitude from the French IP kids when they hand you the plate.  Haha!  They can't help, its part of who they are. 



This entry was posted on 5:47 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Unknown said...

    That is HILARIOUS! I can just see him doing that! Man, I miss you and the kids! And James a bit too! God love the kids! hehehe Love you girly!

  1. ... on October 19, 2008 at 6:20 PM  
  2. Monica Gamez said...

    Hehe! Girl you know its bad if you miss James too! :) I wish you were down here with me so we could go drinking and eating around Epcot. :( Miss you too!

  3. ... on October 19, 2008 at 7:41 PM