I would like to think that I don't have this problem but I know I'm guilty of it.  As I sit hear listening to my favorite Nickel Creek cd, I'm reminded of it.  A couple of years ago my husband wanted to give me a surprise because he knew I really liked them.  He does too but not as much as me.  Anyway, he camped out at House of Blues until their show was over so he could get one of their cd's signed for me.  I remember when he gave it to me he was so excited and I know I thanked him but looking back now, maybe I didn't appreciate it as much as I should have.  He wasted a couple of hours just hanging out (he didn't get tickets in time) until he got a chance to get their autograph.  Actually he did that another time as well with Norah Jones.  He is a little more into the whole autograph thing than me.  He'll put them in shadow boxes with the cd booklet and anything he has like a ticket stub or something that he's bought from the group.  I'm getting off the subject right?  Right.

So....I guess I'm posting this as a way to remind myself that sometimes thanking someone for something they have done for you isn't enough.  You should truly appreciate their actions and hopefully that will across to that person.  As my friends like to say, Monica you're not cold but....you aren't emotional or touchy feely either.  Well maybe not but that doesn't mean that I can't try and change my ways at the ripe old age of 31!  :)



This entry was posted on 5:26 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Ande Truman said...

    True that! I know just what you mean about not knowing if you've thanked that person enough for stuff. Just goes to show that sometimes you've gotta respond with your actions and not just your words!

  1. ... on October 30, 2008 at 7:47 PM